Accessibility Protocols and Commitments
Accessibility Compliance: Accessibility is an integral part and often a legal requirement of a website build. The Letter M will incorporate accessibility components and techniques throughout this project as required to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guideline 2.1, Level “AA”.
- We will provide the technical know-how and execution of tools and best practices available during the initial build to meet the WCAG 2.1 AA level. If a higher level of compliance is required (i.e. AAA), we are happy to provide an estimate to meet that increased level.
- We will test our implementation through assorted open-source testing facilities including aXe, Google Lighthouse, Tota11y and A-Checker.
- You may be required to provide some elements to complete the accessibility compliance, depending on the deliverables specified above. These would include accessible content, descriptive text for images, long descriptions for tables and graphs and/or captioning files for time-based media like videos. If you need additional support to create these assets, The Letter M is happy to provide an estimate at your request.
- Additionally, you will be asked to approve other accessible items that we create on your behalf (i.e. sufficiently contrasting colour palettes, font options etc.).
- There are many after-market accessibility testing products. The Letter M stands by the scoring and compliance report provided by our testing protocols and methodologies, and the scores they provide for the purpose of non-certified accessibility compliance.
- We do not offer or guarantee legally binding compliance certification or related insurance. If your project requires accessibility certification, we can arrange for an independent audit to evaluate and provide deficiency reporting and correction prior to final delivery and launch at additional cost. Services exist for one-time reporting or on-going monthly monitoring.
- Advanced and robust third-party audit and testing services are available with which we can engage further for on-going monitoring and reporting. If you need this level of compliance, we are happy to engage with these services at a to-be-determined monthly fee, post-launch. If you require insurable accessibility guarantees, one of these monitoring services will be required at additional cost.